Be My Superstar – Montenegro
No stage, no chairs, none of the usual things…
Just a big glass box. And people dancing in an open space.
In the background the sound of a stirring beat.
Is this a club?
Be My Superstar is an interactive opera by the directorAlexandra Lacroix and the composer Šimon Voseček. It is for anyone over 14 years and is based on Yann Verburgh’s H.S. tragedies ordinaires, a moving piece on bullying. Something that every youngster experiences sooner or later, close up or at a distance.
By transforming everyday bullying into words, images and music, Lacroix confronts us with the banality of the violence we are all capable of. And you can take that quite literally. As a spectator you are challenged to react to what is taking place there and then. Where does this violence originate? And where does it end up? The perpetrator becomes the victim and vice versa. Get ready for a powerful physical experience that will continue to reverberate.
Šimon Voseček’s composition will be performed live by a special SPECTRA quartet of violin, viola, cello and bass clarinet. The soprano Astrid Stockman and counter-tenor Logan Lopez Gonzalez join them on the stage.
- CONCEPT & STAGE DIRECTION Alexandra Lacroix
- COMPOSITION Šimon Voseček
- LIBRETTO after the theatre piece Bullied- ordinary tragedies by Yann Verburgh
- LIBRETTO (ADAPTATION) Aïda Gabriels, Alexandra Lacroix
- VIDEO Franziska Guggenbichler-Beck
- DRAMATURGY Aïda Gabriels
- SCENOGRAPHY Mathieu Lorry-Dupuy
- COSTUMES Céline Perrigon
- SOPRANO Astrid Stockman
- COUNTERTENOR Logan Lopez Gonzalez
- MUSICAL EXECUTION SPECTRA
- VIOLIN Pieter Jansen
- BASS CLARINET Cédric De Bruycker
- VIOLA Anna Jälving
- CELLO Hanna Kölbel
- PRODUCTION LOD muziektheater
- COPRODUCTION Les Théâtres de la Ville de Luxembourg, Operosa, Helsinki Festival, Cie MPDA – Alexandra Lacroix, Festival d’Aix-en-Provence, Snape Maltings Aldeburgh UK, SPECTRA & Opera Ballet Vlaanderen
- IN COLLABORATION WITH Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation
- WITH THE SUPPORT OF the TAX Shelter measure of the Belgian federal gouvernment, enoa: Creative Europe Programme of the European Union, la Fondation Orange
- TAX SHELTER PARTNER Flanders Tax Shelter